Activating your Looker Account
If you are part of the Reporting Studio Beta testing, Benevity will create a Looker account for you and you'll receive an invite to join Looker by email. You must activate your account and set up Two Factor Authentication (2FA).
Step 1: Activate your account
- Select Activate Your Account in the invitation email.
Enter your name and a strong password in the Looker account web form. Select Submit to confirm this information for your account.
Passwords must be at least 16 characters and contain at least one numeric, uppercase, lowercase, and non-alphanumeric character.
- Passwords must be at least 16 characters and contain at least one numeric, uppercase, lowercase, and non-alphanumeric character.
Step 2: Set up two-factor authentication
- Install an authenticator app on your device.
Once the authenticator app is set up on your device, select the option to add a code or account.
- If you choose to Scan a QR Code. The QR code is found on the Looker Set Up Two-Factor Authentication page (seen below).
Alternatively, select Enter a text code instead on the web page and you’ll see a 16-character key. Select Enter a setup key or enter code manually on your app and enter the key into the app.
- Enter an Account Name to identify this code for the Alpha Benevity Reporting Portal. For Google Authenticator, the Type of key should be Time-based.
Add the account. Your authenticator app should look something like this:
- Enter the 6-digit code into the Looker webpage and select VERIFY CODE. If the code expired before you could verify it, you must enter the new code.
Your account has been activated. Each time you log in to Looker, check the code generated by the authenticator app on your device.
Logging into Looker
Your account must be activated with two-factor authentication (2FA) before you can log in to Looker.
To log in to the Reporting Studio:
Go to the Looker portal. The page should appear as below.
If the page asks you to authenticate immediately, ignore this and select Alternate login page (email/password). You will be redirected to the login page above.
- Enter your Email and Password, and select LOG IN.
Open your authenticator app on your device and enter the 6-digit code into the webpage. Select VERIFY CODE. If the code expired before you could verify it, you must enter the new code.
Welcome! You are now logged in to the Benevity Reporting Studio.