It’s the giving-est time of the year and also, the busiest! From September to December, people around the world are even more motivated to give back to their communities and the nonprofits they care about. So, Giving Season is the perfect time to rally your teams and do some good together.
We’ve assembled some easy-to-execute activities that are sure to engage your people leaders in Goodness and drive inspiring impact across your organization.
Did you know? Companies that run Giving Season campaigns see a 1.5% increase in employee engagement.*
Share these five team-building ideas with your leaders:
- Send cards to healthcare workers or kids in the hospital. Our everyday heroes, and the kids they care for, would certainly appreciate our well wishes this time of year. Gather over lunch, in-person or virtually, to craft some cards.
- Adopt a family with your team: Find a program that supports low-income families through your local shelter or Hope for Children and donate what’s most needed — money, gift cards, groceries and/or clothing.
- Do One Good Thing for the environment: Ask your team to make a commitment to doing One Good Thing that will help decrease our carbon footprint and preserve our natural resources. From picking up trash to walking to work, it all counts.
- Raise money for a food bank: Did you know that monetary donations help feed more people than food donations? Raise money within your team or start a department-wide challenge to see who can raise the most before Dec. 31, 2023.
- Host a holiday competition: Think: Holiday decorating, craft making, cooking or baking! The winner could receive a donation to their favorite nonprofit, rewards to their giving account, and/or maybe even a trophy. Donate any leftover food to a shelter.
Doing good doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. Every donation or hour spent volunteering counts and makes a difference. And when teams come together, the Goodness, and good feelings, are multiplied.
Be sure teams track any volunteer hours and share their activity on social media using #DoOneGoodThing. If enabled, remind your employees to easily track their time on the go via the Benevity app.
Interested in running a company-wide Giving Season campaign? Check out these Giving Season resources for inspiration and ready-to-use content.
*source: The State of Corporate Purpose 2023