You can nominate a cause that you would like to have available in your granting program directly in Benevity Grants. Nominating is the first step in having your chosen cause added to Benevity's global database of verified nonprofits.
In this article:
- Things to know
- Nominate on the cause tab
- Nominate when creating a request or invitation
- What happens after you nominate the cause
Things to know
- You must have Benevity payment disbursements enabled to nominate a cause.
- By default, all users will be able to nominate a cause for inclusion in Benevity's database. To change which users have permission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominate on the cause tab
- Open an existing request or invitation.
- Select the Cause tab.
- If you see the message that the cause was not found in Benevity's database, select Nominate this cause.
Nominate when creating a request or invitation
- Go to your dashboard and select Create New Invitation or Create New Request.
- Try searching for the cause first as it may already be in the database.
- If you can’t find it, select the Nominate a cause checkbox (shown in the screenshot below) and fill in the details as best as you can.
What happens after you nominate the cause
Our Benevity Support teams will receive your request and start the vetting process. First they'll ask the organization to register in our Causes Portal. In addition to registering on the portal, every cause must verify they are in good standing with their governing tax body; self-certify against common eligibility requirements; and set up electronic payments.
The vetting process usually takes about four weeks to complete since there is some back and forth between Benevity and the organization. Once that is done, our Support team will contact you to let you know how it went and if the cause was successfully onboarded.