Your people want to contribute to positive change in their community, especially in these unusual times. You help your people do that every day — but what about employees who still haven’t logged in? Chances are they are looking for a way to engage, but aren’t aware of your program or don’t know how.
We’ve created this activation kit with everything you need to encourage employees to log in for the first time. With so many people experiencing donor fatigue, it’s a great way to engage others in giving, volunteering or small acts by providing fresh opportunities and a sense of shared purpose.
Your people want to participate — all you need to do is inspire them to take that first step! Use this kit as a catalyst to engage your employees and start them on the path toward impact.
Download the email template and customize it for your program
We've written out some email copy to help you connect with your people. It includes information about Giving, Volunteering and Missions. Customize this copy in any way that works best for your program!
Download the email template and associated PDF and get started!
Determine your audience
- Sign in to Benevity Reporting.
- Find the Spark User List stock report in the Stock Reporting Library.
- Set User Status to Active.
- Set User Accepted Legal to No.
- Export the report.
Send your Email
To maximize formatting options and ensure deliverability, we recommend that you use your own email channel to send the communication
However, you do have the ability to send this communication using the Bulk Email Tool in Spark. To deploy using the bulk email tool in spark. First, create your custom email list in Spark using the data from the Spark User List stock report. Then, use the bulk email functionality to send the email to your people.
- Use the Web Analytics Report in Spark to view the change in Spark traffic as you deploy targeted communications.
First time user activation best practices
- Send your log-in activation email a few weeks before your big annual campaign to maximize new sign-ups before your big campaign.
- We recommend you send an email like this 2–3 times per year and keep engagement going year-round.
- Seeding is an extremely effective way to drive engagement with new users. Based on our usage data, we know that Benevity clients who used seeding had on average 125% higher overall participation than those who didn’t. And, Benevity clients who used seeding saw 68% more account activations than those that didn’t.
- Keep in mind that opening your program allows employees to give or volunteer with any nonprofit they are passionate about, and provides more avenues for engagement with your program.
- No time to set up a campaign? No problem! Check out the Campaign and Content Resources section of the B-Hive, where we host ready-made resources to support you!
- Consider a mini survey to find out why your people have (or haven’t) logged in to your program.
- Keep us posted! Your CSM will partner with you as your campaign rolls out and can advise you on further best practices to consider.
Interested in learning more? Reach out to email@example.com to connect with our team.