Spark user roles are special permissions that allow people to manage and administer different activities in your employee engagement program. Some folks might have the ability to create and publish volunteer opportunities, others might be tasked with approving volunteer time.
In this article:
Who can complete these steps?
To assign people different roles in Spark, you need both the Role Manager and User Account Manager roles assigned to you.
Note: The Role Manager role can only be assigned to a user by Benevity due to the elevated permission and added risk for this role.
Available roles in Spark (PDF)
Download the PDF for a list of all Spark roles available, including their dependencies and capabilities.
How to assign user roles
- Sign in to your program and select Manage in the top-right corner.
- Select People from the main toolbar.
- In the Search & Filter section, find the person you want to assign a role to.
- Select Manage beside the person you want to assign the role to.
- Select Settings in the secondary navigation bar. This will bring you to the Account Information page.
- Halfway down the page, you'll see a list of Roles. Pick any number of roles you want to assign.
- Once complete, select Save at the bottom of the screen. The person will immediately have access to all the specified roles you’ve assigned.