When an employee moves to a new country while working for the same company, Benevity will automatically move their user account to the foundation operating in that country. Users will retain the same account, and their currency and foundation will be automatically updated when the demographic file is run with the new country code. Users will still be able to access their full donation history. Donation history will show multiple currencies when a user moves foundation countries. When the move occurs, the user will:
- Receive an email notification of the change.
- Be able to view and donate in their new currency.
- Have their donations automatically rerouted to the new foundation.
- Gain access to new content and volunteer opportunities based in their new location.
- See an updated matching budget amount, which will be automatically adjusted for their new currency.
Users will not automatically be moved if they have:
- Peer match requests awaiting approval. These must be cancelled by the user first, and then the administrator is responsible for uploading the demographic file after. The user will receive an email prompting them to cancel the requests themselves.
- A balance in their Giving Account, either Funds or Rewards. The user will receive an email prompting them to donate the balance, which must be spent before the user can be moved.
- A balance in their PAC matches. The user will receive an email prompting them to redeem their PAC matches, which must be redeemed before the user can be moved.
- Users will receive a weekly reminder until the expiry date for each balance has expired.
Users will receive email notifications of the following changes:
- Upcoming or recurring donations cancelled due to their move.
- Match requests cancelled due to their move.
- Pending volunteer time submission cancelled due to their move.
- Summary email notifying them of the move being completed, with information on their new currency and content.
Learn how to Get started with our foundation partners.
Will the demographic file fail if the user could not be moved due to pending transactions or funds?
The foundation move will fail, but the rest of the demographic file will load correctly.
How often do foundation moves occur?
Foundation moves occur whenever the demographic file runs.
What happens when an attempted foundation move fails?
When a foundation move fails, an error row will indicate a move was detected, but failed.
What happens to the user's donation history?
Users will still be able to access their full donation history. Donation history will show multiple currencies when a user moves foundation countries.