Common terms and definitions used across Spark's reports. To learn more, check out the list of current reports in Spark.
- Active user: Any user that currently has access to Spark.
- Eligible user: Any user that had access to Spark during the selected timeframe.
- Participant: Any user that has taken action (donated, tracked volunteer time, completed a mission).
- UTC: Universal Time Coordinated. Primary international standard for regulating time. Also known as GMT.
Company impact report
- Participation rate: Participants, displayed as a percentage of eligible or active users.
- Missions: Missions are big change initiatives everyone can participate in by completing small activities. Some Missions cover initiatives like sustainability, racial justice, animal rights and food equity.
- Causes Supported: The total number of nonprofits that received donations. This is displayed on the Giving participation report for programs that include volunteering.
- Opportunities: The total number of volunteer opportunities completed. This is displayed on the Volunteering participation report for programs that include volunteering.
- Activities: In Missions, a small action that drives big change. Such as Meatless Mondays or bike to work challenges.
Learn more: What is the company impact report?
Donation Reports (DR)
- DR amount: Amount of the invoice. (A negative amount reflects a credit back to you. Most commonly the result of a reversal.)
- Status: The payment status of your report (updated every 1–2 days). Possible statuses:
- Paid: Report fully paid.
- Unpaid: No payment made at all.
- Partial: A payment has been made, but there are still amounts due.
- Temporarily funded: The respective foundation temporarily funded the amount due so that donations can be disbursed on time. Payment is still required.
Learn more: Reading your Donation Report PDF
- Start date (UTC): When the donation or match request was submitted. For payroll donations, when the money has been taken off the user's pay check and confirmed in Spark.
- End date (UTC): When the donation or match request was approved.
- Start date (UTC): When the volunteer submitted their time for approval.
- End date (UTC): When the volunteer time was approved.
Web analytics report
- User: An employee who is signed in to your Spark site. Visitors to your company's Community Impact Portal are not included.