If you enable the employee-created grant nominations feature, anyone in your company can nominate an organization for a grant. You and your fellow Grant Admins can then review those nominations to decide if they fit with your larger community investment goals and strategies.
In this article:
- Enable the feature
- Share the nomination form
- Review the employee's nomination
- View the cause's request
Enable the feature
Reach out to your Benevity Client Success Manager and they will help you get started. There is a cost to enable this feature enhancement.
Share the nomination form
Once the feature is enabled, you can share the form with your teams.
How to share the form:
- Navigate to your nomination form using the URL provided by Benevity.
- Open the Actions dropdown and select Share a blank application.
- Copy the link and paste it into an email, chat message, internal wiki, or any other method you prefer.
Review the employee's nomination
After you share the link, people can fill out the nomination form and submit it to you for review. The person who nominated the cause will receive an email letting them know that their nomination was received and that it’s now pending your review.
How to review the nomination:
- Go to Quick Views > Invitations.
- Sort invitations with the status Nominated.
- Click on the nomination to open it.
- Go to the Details tab to review the information the employee entered on the form.
- Go to the Admin tab to make your decision whether to invite the cause to apply or not.
- Open the Invitation status dropdown and select Invited or Declined.
- Select Save.
What happens based off your decision:
- If you decline the nomination, a decline email will be sent to the employee who submitted the nomination. Note: You can edit the email before it gets sent.
- If you approve the nomination, by moving it to the “Invited” status, an invitation email will get sent to the cause, including the link to fill out the grant application. The details the employee entered in the nomination form will automatically be filled out for the cause in their application form. Once the cause has completed their application form, the status of the invitation will change to “Applied” and the request will be added to your program.
Tip: You can set up an automated workflow that automatically invites all nominated causes to apply for a grant. To have this set up, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the cause's request
- Open the invitation.
- Click on the request # link at the top of the invitation to open the request (Or view the request by going Quick Views > Requests and finding it within the table.)