Here is a list of what’s new, what’s been updated and what’s being discussed on the B-Hive during the week of July 30th, 2021. Check out what’s happening in:
Benevity Buzz - Inspiration for your upcoming campaigns
Take a look at the new content and resources that will help you inspire and create real people-powered action. In this issue, we'll show you how to leverage passion through employee grassroots movements and resource groups while developing impactful purpose-driven programs that embrace diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
Inspire Grassroots Movements With Peer Matching
- Employee-created content that's shareable, and donation-matching made easy, are catalysts to increase giving within your purpose-driven programs and strengthen the success of your campaigns. Peer Matching isn't just good for your program; it's also good for your people and the causes they support! Keep reading to see how your peers are leveraging this easy-to-use feature.
How OMERS Inspired a People‑Powered Matching Campaign
- In its first-ever Peer Matching campaign, OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) engaged their executives and inspired their employees to give back to their communities. Altogether, they raised more than $64,000 for 17 causes from nearly 250 donors — with no corporate budget!
- On July 14, we hosted a webinar with Elastic and OMERS, who discussed how Peer Matching is a whole new way to empower your people — from a grassroots or executive level — to start their own movements. Find out what strategies you can use to integrate peer giving into your year-round CSR program or specific campaigns without increasing your budget.
- In this short video, Employee Experience Specialist, Nathan Barber, explains how Indeed builds a culture of grassroots giving opportunities through Spark that empowers their people to create a global movement of Goodness.
- WHO Go Give One Campaign — $5 Buys a Vaccine for a Human in Need - Did you know that only 11.5% of the world’s population has received their first vaccine, and many more continue to deal with the pandemic’s devastating effects? Benevity has partnered with the WHO Foundation to support their Go Give One Campaign, a global movement to get people in low-income countries and communities fair and equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines, with just $5. And you can join too! We’ve created resources that you can use to quickly create a Go Give One campaign so your people can take action and make a global impact.
- Support Flood Recovery in Western Europe - Catastrophic “once-in-a-century” flooding has claimed the lives of hundreds of people in Western Europe, forced tens of thousands of people from their homes, and cut off vital water and power. Use our campaign kit to set up a quick giving opportunity to help major relief organizations from several impacted countries that are bringing much-needed relief and hope to the people of Western Europe.
- Help Respond to the BC Wildfires - Help organizations that are mobilizing in BC and bringing much-needed supplies to the village of Lytton that was destroyed by wildfire. It will also help in other towns and villages facing evacuation due to approaching wildfires, as BC hopes for the best and prepares for the worst.
- Speaking of Purpose... (Episode 4): DEI&B – More Than Another Corporate Acronym - People are bringing their whole selves to the workplace — their culture, background and lived experiences. As expectations grow for companies to create a culture that enables people to be their authentic selves, the question is: how do businesses adjust to the increasing call for diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging? In this episode, AMC's Aisha Thomas-Petit talks about the importance of having DEI&B strategies rooted in your corporate purpose and the risks companies face when they don't.
- Nicole is looking for ideas on successful initiatives that have worked well for others when it comes to team building events for new hires!
- We've published a new article that contains a list of currencies that are supported in Benevity Grants.
In the Loop
- We've published an update as we continue to evolve our offering in India — including a transition date to our new India foundation partner and progress on eligible causes.
Content and Campaign Resources
- We've updated these content resources to include the Belgian Red Cross (Rode Kruis-Vlaanderen) and there is now a tab for Belgium in the recommendation sheet.
- We've created resources so that you can support organizations that are mobilizing to meet the immediate needs of people threatened by the flooding in Western India. These resources include a giving opportunity and news item, cause recommendations, and images sized for Spark giving opportunities and cover story.
- See what’s running in your Spark sites each week with this handy Trending Now calendar. We've recently created one new unified calendar that shows all three supported countries in a single view. This week the following content will be featured:
USA: Flooding in Europe 2021
Canada: 2021 B.C. Wildfires
UK: Flooding in Europe 2021