The VIP feature in Benevity Grants lets you flag grant applications that mention a person who is important to your company or granting program. Maybe you would like to flag applications that mention your CEO, or a senior leader who sits on a local nonprofit board.
We’ve made it easier to find these special requests so that you can make sure their reviews are prioritized appropriately. VIP requests are displayed on your dashboard, and you can filter and sort requests by VIP.
In this article:
- How to add a VIP
- How to know a request has a VIP
- How to add a VIP filter to your request list
- How to add VIPs to a saved search
How to add a VIP
To add a VIP, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the person’s first and last name. You can send as many as you like. Once we receive the email, our Client Technical Support team will add the VIPs to your program.
How to know a request has a VIP
On the dashboard
Submitted requests that mention one of your VIPs will shown in the From VIPs tile on your dashboard. Switch between Mine and All to see the VIP requests assigned to you or to all users. To quickly open the requests, select View VIP requests to review.
In the request
When you open a request, a VIP label and a gold star will appear next to the cause’s name.
If you scroll down the Details page of the request, each individual VIP will have a gold star by their name.
How to add a VIP filter to your request list
- Go to Quick Views > Requests.
- Select Filters.
- Under the Has VIP(s) filter, choose Yes.
- Select Filter. The list of requests will update.
How to add VIPs to a saved search
- Go to Tools > Advanced Search.
- Open the VIP dropdown and choose Has VIP mention(s).
- Select Save search at the bottom of the page.