Here is a list of what’s new, what’s been updated and what’s being discussed on the B-Hive during the week of May 7th, 2021. Check out what’s happening in:
Program Planning Tools
- People continue to power movements and take massive grassroots action against ongoing racial injustice and social discrimination. And companies are expected to be right there beside them. Join us May 26 for our Building a Culture of Equity and Inclusion webinar and hear from other purpose-driven companies around how they are empowering their Employee Resource Groups, creating space to have challenging (yet critical) conversations and fostering equity and inclusion along the way.
- We've published an article for the new Web Analytics: Page Views Dashboard that gives you detailed stats on the number of times a Spark page has been viewed by users.
- Find out about new updates and upcoming changes across Benevity products this month, in the newly posted May 2021 release notes.
Content and Campaign Resources
We have added a list of UK cause recommendations, and updated the Giving Opportunity text with a UK version. These recommendations continue be be based around globally-scaled NGOs working on the ground in India right now supporting the public health response.
We have also updated the giving opportunity and statistical information in the article to be accurate as of May 6, 2021.
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced many Pride celebrations around the world into a virtual environment, and the lack of a physical presence makes it more important than ever to highlight the challenges faced by LGBTQ people.
The LGBTQ and BIPOC communities have been disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. At the same time, LGBTQ rights have come under frequent attack. With physical Pride celebrations being swapped out for virtual events around the world, there is a real danger that these issues will not get the voice they and attention they deserve.
We've created these resources to help you celebrate LGBTQ communities and support causes that are bringing care, resources, advocacy and awareness to LGBTQ people and issues.
These resources include:
- Two giving opportunities:
- Help Build Resilience in LGBTQ Communities: Supporting causes that are connecting LGBTQ communities with health care and mental health resources.
- The Fight Continues: Supporting advocacy and civil rights organizations fighting for LGBTQ rights and justice
- Cause recommendations for each for the US, Canada and the UK
- Images sized for cover story and giving opportunities
- An expanded news item template with ideas and actions to build awareness and promote initiatives
- Two giving opportunities:
Missions Challenge: Pride 2021
We've updated our Pride Challenge to make it timely and relevant for 2021, updating the existing Missions and activities.
The challenge includes three Missions with 14 activities:
- Celebrate Pride 2021
- Show Your Support
- Why We Celebrate
- See what’s running in your Spark sites each week with this handy Trending Now calendar. We've recently created one new unified calendar that shows all three supported countries in a single view. This week the following content will be featured:
USA: COVID-19 Crisis in India
Canada: COVID-19 Crisis in India
UK: COVID-19 Crisis in India