Here is a list of what’s new, what’s been updated and what’s being discussed on the B-Hive during the week of April 2nd, 2021. Check out what’s happening in:
Program Planning Tools
- Over the last year, many companies pivoted to virtual volunteering, helping their employees remain engaged, create impact and connect with their communities (and each other) even as they worked remotely. Join us on Apr. 15 for our Evolving Your Volunteer Program webinar where you’ll discover: best practices learned from a year of digital opportunities and how it’s changing what lies ahead; strategies to create impact through volunteering – both virtual and safe in-person; and how to re-define volunteering to encompass all the different ways people can give their time.
- We've created a new section in the Knowledge Base that focuses on forms in Benevity Grants. Here you can find information on how to get started with application forms as well as some frequently asked questions.
Content and Campaign Resources
We’ve created a Vaccine Awareness challenge to help you learn about vaccines and their vital role in keeping us all safe from infectious disease. The Missions are designed to help you spread awareness about the importance of vaccines, the vital role they play in public health, and the science behind their development and testing.The activities focus on fighting misinformation and supporting vaccination efforts.
There are twenty new activities falling under four new Missions:
Learn How Vaccines Are Tested and Distributed
Learn How Vaccines Work
Recognize Vaccine Misinformation
Support the Vaccination Effort
- We’ve added new images to the existing resources:
- Benevity’s 2021 National Volunteer Week illustrated theme banners, sized for cover story
- Cover story sized versions of the opportunity images
- A pdf guide for using the theme
- EARTHDAY.ORG has created two remote volunteer opportunities in their Benevity Causes Profile:
- Great Global Cleanup is a global coordinated volunteer event aimed at getting outside and removing millions of pieces of trash from our parks, communities and waterway.
- Global Earth Challenge is a coordinated citizen science campaign that connects people through mobile technology to help monitor and mitigate threats to the environment.
- We’ve added a Volunteering document to the resources with instructions to help you feature these opportunities in your Spark site.
- See what’s running in your Spark sites each week with this handy Trending Now calendar. We've recently created one new unified calendar that shows all three supported countries in a single view. This week the following content will be featured:
USA: Standing Together Against Anti-Asian Racism
Canada: Standing Together Against Anti-Asian Racism
UK: Standing Together Against Anti-Asian Racism
- Content from our Goodness Matters conference that took place at the beginning of March is now available on the B-Hive! We've published a bunch of fresh content from the client and product breakouts as well as the executive talks and industry sessions. In each of these articles you can find presentation decks, session notes and recordings of the actual presentation.