Here is a list of what’s new, what’s been updated and what’s being discussed on the B-Hive during the week of March 19th, 2021. Check out what’s happening in:
- Community Forums
- Program Planning Tools
- Knowledge Base
- Content and Campaign Resources
- Goodness Matters
- Ryan is curious if anyone uses a separate Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool as part of their CSR efforts, as his team looks to strengthen their relationship management with the nonprofits that they serve.
- Anne is working on plans for their Day of Service and is curious to hear if any companies are returning to in-person group volunteer events.
- George replied to a thread from last year around which causes people can direct UK employees to, to help with Covid-19 relief. He shared that there have been several UK employees at his company volunteer for St. John Ambulance.
Program Planning Tools
- We've moved and updated the product and launch activation kit for the Benevity app. You can now find these resources and information under the program planning tools section of the B-Hive.
- We've updated the Spark administrator roles document to include new permissions that allow for management capabilities with the new Activity Streams feature.
When a donation is made using a credit/debit card or PayPal, a payment processing fee is deducted before the donation is passed on to the nonprofit. Here you'll find a list of our current fees for credit/debit card and PayPal transactions. We’ll update this page with the most current fees as they change.
- We've updated the disbursement and flow of funds article which provides a high level look at how your company and employees' dollars flow through Spark and Grants in four easy steps. We've included an updated infographic to match!
- We've published a new article with four steps to walk you through how to enable or disable Activity Streams.
Content and Campaign Resources
We have updated our content in the wake of the the worst mass killing in the US in two years, which saw white gunman murder eight people in Atlanta, six of them women of Asian descent. This horrific event is the latest in a wave of violence and an upsurge in racism towards AAPI communities across the United States.
The updated resources now include:
- A giving opportunity and news item for the US, Canada and the UK
- Cause recommendations for national US and local Georgia organizations, as well as causes in Canada and the UK, supporting Asian American and Pacific Islander communities, through anti-racist advocacy, legal action, community support and awareness building
- Images sized for Spark and cover story
- National Volunteer Week is April 18 to 24, and we have the resources to help you plan a safe and successful campaign that rallies your people and helps to make a powerful difference. You can now find the following under the new National Volunteer Week content and campaign section:
- Campaign activation kit
- Content resources
- Volunteering best practices guide
- Spark theme
- See what’s running in your Spark sites each week with this handy Trending Now calendar. Next week the following content will be featured:
USA: Standing Together Against Anti-Asian Racism
Canada: Standing Together Against Anti-Asian Racism
UK: Standing Together Against Anti-Asian Racism
- Each year, we gather with hundreds of the most purpose-driven brands to celebrate the good they’re doing and look at the trends shaping the good that’s yet to come. This year, we had nearly 1,500 changemakers join us online to ide8, celebr8 and elev8 purpose — and we came out with a few key themes that we believe will inform the future of Goodness. Be sure to check them out!