Now that you're logged in, we'll go over some info on navigating the site, including the repository, adding folders, menu bar and search.
You can access two folders on the left side of the repository: Stock Reporting and your company folder (the example below uses “Sample Company”).
Stock Reporting includes reports built for you by our Analytics & Insights team. Your company folder is where you can store ad hoc views and custom reports. These ad hoc views and reports are shared with all team members that have access to Benevity Reporting. It’s also where you can add your own folders.
You can add folders in your company folder section to help organize and structure the types of reports you'll be collecting. Here's how to do it:
- Go to your company folder.
- Right-click the Reports folder and select Add Folder.
- Name the folder something meaningful and recognizable. You can also add a description, which might come in handy for documentation purposes and onboarding new users.
- Select Add.
There are three navigation options on the menu bar: Home, View and Create. The home icon will take you back to the repository.
Under View, you can pick between Search Results, Repository, Schedules and Messages.
- Search Results: Results of your last search, as well as a list of available filters.
- Repository: All your saved Ad Hoc Views and Reports.
- Schedules: List of saved schedules that you, or your team, have created. Come here to modify your scheduled reports.
- Messages: Inbox of messages between you and your team.
Under Create, you can pick between Ad Hoc View, Report and Dashboard.
- Ad Hoc View: The building blocks of your reporting. Use them to create and edit the initial view of the data you are analyzing. You can drag and drop different Fields and Measures into tables, crosstabs, charts, apply filters, aggregate values and immediately view the results.
- Report: Schedulable, fixed-format versions of the data contained in an Ad Hoc View. Report content will update whenever you make changes to the source Ad Hoc View. You can always adjust any filters included in a report depending on your own changing criteria. Reports can be scheduled to run according to your own timetable.
- Dashboard: Show multiple reports in an integrated view. You can drag and drop previously created ad hoc views and reports, add filters, or create new ad hoc views directly in the dashboard.
The top right-hand side of the menu bar is the search bar. The search will scan results in both titles and descriptions. You can sort your search results by Name or Modified Date. You can also use the Filters on the left side of the page to narrow down your search results.