Now that you’re logged in, we will go over some info on navigating the site, including the menu bar, the repository, adding folders and the search bar.
In this article:
There are three navigation options on the menu bar: Home, View and Create.
The Home icon will take you back to the repository.
Under View, you can choose between Search Results, Repository, Schedules and Messages.
- Search Results: Results of your last search, as well as a list of available filters.
- Repository: All your saved ad hoc views, reports, dashboards and other reporting content.
- Schedules: List of saved schedules that you, or your team, have created. Come here to modify your scheduled reports.
- Messages: Inbox of messages between you and your team.
Under Create, you can choose between Ad Hoc View, Report and Dashboard.
- Ad Hoc View: The building blocks of your reporting. Use them to create and edit the initial view of the data you are analyzing. You can drag and drop different fields and measures into tables, crosstabs and charts, and then apply filters, aggregate values and immediately view the results.
- Report: Schedulable, fixed-format versions of the data contained in an ad hoc view. Report content will update whenever you make changes to the source ad hoc view. You can always adjust any filters included in a report as required for your own changing criteria. Reports can be scheduled to run according to your own timetable.
- Dashboard: Shows multiple reports in an integrated view. You can drag and drop previously created ad hoc views and reports, add filters or create new ad hoc views directly in the dashboard.
Under View on the menu bar, you will find the Repository. You will also be directed to the repository when you log in to Benevity Reporting or when you click the Home icon.
Within the Repository, you can access all the various ad hoc views, reports, dashboards and other content you have access to.
On the left side of your screen, you will see the Repository, with two main folders you can access:
- Stock Reporting: Includes standard reports all built for you by Benevity’s Analytics & Insights team.
- Your Company (the example below shows “Sample Company”): In which you can store ad hoc views and custom reports. These ad hoc views and reports are shared with your team members who have access to Benevity Reporting. It’s also where you can add your own folders.
Within the Repository, you can add sub-folders in the Your Company folder to help organize and structure the types of reports you’ll be collecting. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to your company's folder in the Repository.
2. Right-click the Reports folder and select Add Folder.
3. Name the folder something meaningful and recognizable. You can also add a description, which may come in handy for documentation purposes and onboarding new users.
4. Select Add.
On the top right-hand side of the menu bar is the Search bar.
The search encompasses both titles and descriptions. You can sort your search results by Name or Modified Date. You can also use the filters on the left side of the page to narrow down your search results.
Continue your learning—next article
To learn about the terms and metrics within Benevity Reporting, check out the next article: Benevity Reporting Glossary