Prerequisite: To seed user Giving Accounts, you need to have the Awards Manager role assigned to you. Once you have that, follow the steps below to add donation currency to user accounts.
1. Locate employee
- Log in to your Spark site.
- Click Manage in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Click People from the main menu bar.
- Use Search & Filter, located on the left side of the screen, to find people you want to give donation currency to. Use any filter option to select your group. To seed a group of users that don’t fall into a group determined by your demographic file data, use the email list management function.
2. Allocate donation currency
- Once you’ve found the people, click the checkbox beside their name.
- Scroll down to the Batch Updates section on the left side of the screen and select Allocate Donation Currency to users.
- Click Submit.
3. Choose My Rewards or My Funds
Decide whether to seed the money into the user's My Rewards or My Funds. Depending on how you set up your program during implementation, you may not see both of these accounts listed. Pay close attention to the list of details that outline what happens when currency is seeded into the different accounts.
If you select My Rewards:
- Enter a dollar amount to deposit into the employee’s My Rewards account.
- Select the Description that best suits the allocation.
- Enter a unique identifier, which you can use later as a type of data for reporting purposes.
- (optional) Check the box labeled These rewards expire. The default expiry date is one year from the current date.
If you select My Funds:
- Enter a dollar amount to deposit into the employee’s My Funds account.
- Decide if you want the user notified about the seeding.
- When you're finished, click Next.
Note: When you're seeding, you may see a checkbox with the option for whether or not you want to have seeding draw down from user's caps. If you don't see this option and would like to specify whether your seeding hits user's caps, please contact your Client Success Manager.
4. Confirm details
- Review the details one more time before the transaction is processed.
- Select Allocate Donation Currency. The funds will be seeded into the user’s account immediately.