Downloading a dashboard
To download an entire dashboard, select Download from the dashboard's three-dot menu.
This opens a dialog box that lets you select PDF or CSV as your download format.
Downloading to PDF
You can download your entire dashboard as a PDF, including the dashboard title, any dashboard filters, some or all dashboard tiles, and the time zone the dashboard was run in. The PDF will also include a timestamp that shows when the dashboard was downloaded.
To download a dashboard as a PDF, follow these steps:
- Select PDF from the Format dropdown menu.
Select an option from the Paper Size dropdown menu:
If you select something other than Fit Page to Dashboard in the Paper Size drop-down, an Orientation option appears. You can choose to orient the dashboard in portrait or landscape position.
Select or leave unselected Expand tables to show all rows. If you select this option, for dashboard tiles that use table visualizations, the PDF will show all the rows that are available in the table visualization, not just the rows that are visible in the dashboard tile thumbnail. If you do not select this option, only the rows that are visible in the thumbnail without scrolling will appear in the PDF.
Select or leave unselected Arrange dashboard tiles in a single column. If you select this option, the PDF displays dashboard tiles in a single vertical column. If you do not select this option, the dashboard tiles appear as they are arranged in the dashboard.
Select Open in Browser to see an image of the PDF in a new tab of your browser. From there, you can opt to download the PDF using your browser's controls.
Select Cancel if you no longer want to download the dashboard.
Select Download to initiate the download.
Downloading to CSV
You can download all tiles from your dashboard as a zipped collection of CSV files. Zipped files use UTF-8 encoding.
To download your dashboard as a collection of CSV files, follow these steps:
- Select CSV from the Format dropdown menu.
- Select Cancel if you no longer want to download the dashboard.
- Select Download to initiate the download of your zipped CSV collection.
Downloading data from a dashboard tile or report
To download the data from a dashboard tile or a report, select the three-dot icon (for tiles) or the cog icon (for reports) at the top right and select Download. This opens a pop-up with several options. Expand the Advanced data options menu to see all available options for your download.
Data can be downloaded from dashboard tiles in the following formats:
- TXT (tab-separated values)
- Excel spreadsheet (Excel 2007 or later) (Default)
- PNG (image of visualization)
Depending on the format you select, some options in the Advanced data options menu may not be available.
In the Results section, choose whether you want visualization settings applied to your data download:
- If you choose With visualization options applied, any of the following settings in the Plot, Series, and Formatting menus will be applied to the data download:
- Show Row Numbers
- Hide Totals
- Hide Row Totals
- Limit Displayed Rows to a maximum of 500 rows shown or hidden.
- Show Full Field Name
- Custom labels for each column.
- Conditional Formatting for downloads of table chart visualizations in Excel format.
- If you choose As displayed in the data table, visualization options will not be applied.
In the Data values section, choose how you want the downloaded results to appear:
- If you choose Formatted, data is formatted for ease of reading.
- If you choose Unformatted, no special formatting is applied to your results, such as rounding long numbers or dealing with special characters. This is often preferred when data is being fed into another tool for processing.
Number of rows and columns to include
You can specify how much data is included in your download in this section. Your options include:
- Current result table: Number of rows specified by the row limit — and column limit, if the tile query contains at least one pivoted dimension — of your tile's underlying data table.
- All Results: All results returned by the tile query, even if the tile's data table specifies a more restrictive row limit or column limit.
- Custom: A custom number of rows to download.