Boards provide a way for teams to create and share a curated collection of reports and dashboards. Reports and dashboards can be added to multiple boards, which can be private or shared. With boards, you can:
- Curate content on boards to make it easier to find the information that is most relevant.
- Add links and descriptions to provide context and guide others to resources.
In this article:
- Creating a board
- Adding content to a board
- Include custom filter values
- Manage access to a board
- Browse all boards
- Three-dot menu
- Board information
Creating a board
To create a new board:
- Locate the Boards section on the left navigation panel and select the plus icon.
- Select Create a New Board
- Enter a name for the board and select Create board.
A new board will open and you’ll see the following fields:
- Board title: the title appears in the left navigation panel.
- Section name: identify a collection of content.
- Section description: provide additional context for the section.
- Add content: add content from here.
- New section: create additional sections to organize more content.
Adding content to a board
You can add content to boards in several ways:
- Add content to a board from a board:
- Select Add content and choose whether you want to use:
- Saved content: browse folders for content to add to board.
- URL Link: past a link you have previously copied from existing content.
- Add the dashboard to a board from a folder:
- In a folder, select the three-dot menu on the thumbnail for the report or dashboard that you want to add to a board, and choose Add to a board from the drop-down menu.
- Choose an existing board and section from the Select a board and Select a section in the board drop-down menus, and select Add.
- Add the dashboard to a board from a dashboard
- You can use the three-dot menu or the Add to boards icon next to the title to open the Add to boards options.
- Search and select the boards you want to add to and choose whether to Include custom filter values. Select Add to confirm.
Include custom filter values
If you want to add a dashboard to a board, you have the option of adding it with default filters, or with modified custom filters. To add a dashboard with custom filters to a board:
- Open a dashboard and change the filters. E.g. the date range for the data.
- Select the Add to boards icon.
- Search for the board you want to add to and toggle on Include custom filter values.
- Select Add.
The dashboard is added to your chosen board. Next time you preview the dashboard from the Board, the custom filters (e.g. the modified date range) are applied.
Manage access to a board
Users only see boards that they have access to view. A user must have the View access level to see a board. Users with the Manage Access, Edit access level can add dashboards and reports to a board and provide context for that content to help guide other users.
If you have the Manage Access, Edit access level, you can share your board to make it accessible to others. Select Share this board in the top right of the board. You can specify which users or groups can access the board, generate a public link, or embed the board in other applications.
Browse all boards
To browse boards that you have access to:
- Locate Boards in the left navigation panel.
- Select the plus icon and select Browse all boards.
- Filter and sort boards using the dropdown options at the top of the popup window.
- Hover over a board name and select Go to Board to open the board, or Add to add it to your Boards list.
The three-dot menu includes the following options:
Remove from my list
This option removes the board from your added boards list. You can search for the board again by browsing all boards.
This option deletes the board. Neither you nor others who you shared it with can access the board again.
Select the information icon in the top right corner of the board to view the following details:
- The number of people who have added this board.
- Description of the board.
- The user that created the board and when they created it.
- Board contributors.
Now that your board is created, you and others can interact with the visualizations. Hover over data points for more information, and explore the insights your board provides.