What is Giving Season?
Giving Season is that special time of year from September to December when people around the world are moved to give back to their communities and the nonprofits they care about. It’s the perfect opportunity to run a campaign that rallies your people to do good when the need is great. And the easiest way to get started is with our Giving Season campaign kits: One Good Thing and GivingTuesday.
Why run a Giving Season campaign?
Here are 5 inspiring reasons:
- Increase engagement: Benevity clients who run Giving Season campaigns see a 1.5% increase in engagement*.
- Crush your Goodness goals: Having a dedicated campaign in place will help you finish the year strong — creating tons of impact.
- Boost participation: Your people are already motivated to do good this time of year. A campaign encourages more people to join in.
- Support more nonprofits: Everyone has a nonprofit they’re passionate about, so when more people participate, more nonprofits will be supported.
- Demonstrate your purpose: People want to work for purpose-driven companies* and going ‘all in’ on Giving Season proves you’re on one of them.
How do I create a Giving Season campaign?
Please note: some resources may be gated. Log in to your Spark site to access them.
Here are 5 steps to create an impactful Giving Season campaign, along with tools and resources that make it easier than ever!
1. Get inspired
There are so many ways to do good. Take a look through the resources below to find the tips and ideas that resonate with your company.
2. Create your plan
The most successful campaigns are backed by a solid plan. See Program communication best practices for guidance.
Plus, check out these best practices for planning your Giving Season campaign:
- Establish your goals.
- Get leadership support.
- Begin planning early.
- Provide a variety of easy ways to participate.
- Add special matching or seeding to your campaign.
- Submit reporting requests early.
- Communicate about your campaign and the status of your goals regularly.
- Collaborate with other internal teams.
3. Activate a campaign kit
We’ve got two Giving Season campaign kits that can help you quickly and easily activate your campaign(s) — and your people.
Back by popular demand! Doing good is easy and it all starts with One Good Thing. This kit contains a ready-to-use news article, giving and volunteer opportunities, employee email templates and images.
GivingTuesday, the world’s largest generosity movement takes place on Nov. 28. This kit contains a news article, giving opportunity and images.
4. Execute your communications plan
Getting the word out consistently through all your communication channels is critical to the success of your Giving Season campaign. If enabled, remind your volunteers to easily track their time on the go via the mobile app.
- 5 Team Building Ideas to Amplify Your Impact This Giving Season
- Build a Communication Strategy
- One Good Thing Communications Calendar
5. Report on your results and celebrate!
Total donation amount, volunteer hours and number of participants are just a few of the key metrics you can track. See available reports for your campaign results and share them proudly with your people and stakeholders.
Benevity tools 🔧
These features will make it even easier to activate your Giving Season campaigns.
- Integrated Content Resources Through Spark (new for 2023!)
- View Budgets (new for 2023!)
Aug. 24th: Community Connect: Giving Season Kickoff & PagerDuty's Success Story (recording here)
Sept. 27th: Giving Season Webinar - Watch the recording here!
*source: The State of Corporate Purpose 2023
Help make the B-Hive better! Take a few minutes to complete this survey to help us better understand how the B-Hive is being used and where we can improve. Thank you!