Banners are a key focus area on the main Affinity Groups dashboard and typically contain an important call to action. Banners draw attention to activities, blogs, groups with a key awareness day/week/month, or any other community news.
You can set banners as visible to all members or target specific groups. If you want to target specific groups, you can publish multiple banners at the same time. If you're a program administrator, you may be able to see more than one banner at a time, but members only see those targeted to them.
Only program administrators can create banners.
Adding a banner
To manage banners, go to Admin > Create > Banners.
1. Select Create Banner and choose the type of banner you wish to create:
- YouTube Video with Text: A banner that includes a YouTube video along with text.
- YouTube Video: A centered YouTube video.
- Generic Banner (Left Justified or Centre Justified): Text-based banners with a background image and a call to action button. Left or Centre justified refers to the alignment of the call-to-action button.
- Featured User: Feature the profile photo and a description of a specific community member.
- Featured Image: Include a featured image on top of a basic background image and include additional content.
- Tabbed Banner: Draw attention to three separate items/calls to action on one banner with one background image.
2. Complete the following banner details:
- Banner name: Not visible to community members.
- Image: Upload a banner image that matches the required dimensions.
- Overlay Opacity: Designed to make it easier to read text. Move the slider to select opacity.
- Main Content/Body: Add banner content here.
- Notes: For internal use only.
- Show Button: Adds an engaging call to action button on your banner.
- Banner cannot be dismissed: Ensure that members cannot close the banner from their view. If it can be dismissed, they will not be shown a banner until a new one is published.
- Program Objective: Assign the banner to a Program Objective to display on the program calendar.
- Video ID: Only applicable to YouTube videos banner, enter the last portion of a YouTube link.
- Featured User Alias: Only applicable to a featured user banner.
- Tab Text & Heading: Only applicable for the tabbed banner type. The text will appear on each tab of the banner.
- Banner Access Options: Set restrictions as to who can see the banner.