Banners are a key focus area on the main dashboard and typically contain an important call to action. Banners draw attention to activities, blogs, groups with a key awareness day/week/month, or any other community news.
Banners can be visible to all members or targeted to specific segmentation groups. Multiple banners can be published at once to different segmentation groups. If you're a program administrator, you may be able to see more than one banner at a time, however, members only see those targeted to them.
Only program administrators can create banners.
Adding a banner
To manage banners, go to Admin > Create > Banners.
1. Select Create Banner and choose the type of banner you wish to create:
- YouTube Video with Text: A banner that includes a YouTube video along with text.
- YouTube Video: A centered YouTube video.
- Generic Banner (Left Justified or Centre Justified): Text-based banners with a background image and a call to action button. Left or Centre justified refers to the alignment of the call-to-action button.
- Featured User: Feature the profile photo and a description of a specific community member.
- Featured Image: Include a featured image on top of a basic background image and include additional content.
- Tabbed Banner: Draw attention to three separate items/calls to action on one banner with one background image.
2. Complete the following banner details:
- Banner name: Not visible to community members.
- Image: Upload a banner image that matches the required dimensions.
- Overlay Opacity: Designed to make it easier to read text. Move the slider to select opacity.
- Main Content/Body: Add banner content here.
- Notes: For internal use only.
- Show Button: Adds an engaging call to action button on your banner.
- Banner cannot be dismissed: Ensure that members cannot close the banner from their view. If it can be dismissed, they will not be shown a banner until a new one is published.
- Program Objective: Assign the banner to a Program Objective to display on the program calendar.
- Video ID: Only applicable to YouTube videos banner, enter the last portion of a YouTube link.
- Featured User Alias: Only applicable to a featured user banner.
- Tab Text & Heading: Only applicable for the tabbed banner type. The text will appear on each tab of the banner.
- Banner Access Options: Set restrictions as to who can see the banner.