Create a list of all or selected users in Spark for seeding or targeted communications. The data for this report is updated in real-time so you can rerun it with recent data whenever you need.
The report is located in the Stock Reporting folder of the Repository. Below, you’ll find more information about fields in this report and common uses for the spark user list.
If you're new to Benevity Reporting, learn more about how to generate a stock report and apply filters.
Users with access to Benevity Reporting can generate the Spark User List report.
Filtering your report
You can apply the following filters to the Spark User List stock report:
- User Spark Instance Country
- User Status
- User Accepted Legal
You can include up to 4 additional user fields in the report columns. Select a field from the dropdown to add it as an additional column.
- Custom classification 1
- Custom classification 2
- Custom classification 3
- Custom classification 4
User Spark Instance Country
Spark instance countries are selected during implementation to give local users the ability to make tax-effective donations, in countries where we have a foundation partner, or donate via payroll in their local currency. All users will be mapped to one of these instances during implementation.
Example: if you have only enabled the US instance because you have a very high percentage of US employees, a US user will be mapped to this instance. However, an employee based in Mexico would also be mapped to the US instance country.
Example: if you have enabled the UK and France instances, because you have a high percentage of both UK and French employees, a UK user will be mapped to the UK and a French user to France. However, an employee based in Italy is likely to be mapped to the French instance country.
The User Information | User Country field should be included in the report to indicate the country the employee is located in, not the mapped instance.
You can filter the report by User Status:
- Active: An active user is included in the last demographic file that was uploaded. The user can log in to their account.
- Inactive: An inactive user is no longer included in the demographic file. They were once included in the file and had a Benevity account created. They can no longer log in to their account.
User Accepted Legal
Common uses for the Spark User List report
To create a user list for seeding:
- Filter the User List report using the reporting filters available and export to CSV.
- You can also export to Excel first for more advanced filtering.
- Once you have a list of users that you would like to seed, remove all other columns in the report apart from user IDs or email addresses.
- Save the report as a CSV file.
- Add the user list CSV to a seeding batch.